25 July 2011

New Week!

Shello All! How was your weekend? Our was pretty good I suppose. I shall give a short summary of our weekend. Friday we went to see the car & we still don't know when the stupid thing will be done. We ate at 5 Guys Burgers which is suppose to be legendary but I found to be boring & blah. No taste & no texture, disgusting! Then we went to see Captain America & all I can say is Yum Yum Yummmmmm a-yum! That man is deliciously sexy! It was a pretty good movie too & actually decent in 3D. (we happened to get to the theatre too late for one regular showing & way too early for the next one so 3D it was) On the way home we got invited to go hang out at B's house (mike's co-worker) & even though we'd spent almost all day in Tucson it sounded fun. Mike was the DD because the time he decided he was going to drink he had one drink & stopped. That butthead made me stay sober even though he didn't want to drink the alcohol so No More! I will kick his butt if he ever makes me be the DD & then doesn't get at least nicely buzzed! Anywho, I drank & we were there til 2 am.

Saturday! Saturday was a boring day. I remember waking up at 8:30 (went to bed at 3) & I remember falling asleep for like 2 hours in the middle of the day. I know Mike scanned all his military info into the computer. I have NO idea what else we did that day.

Sunday we went to see 'Friends With Benefits' & IT WAS AWESOME! Seriously the best movie of the year so far in my book! It was really really good & their chemistry was great. J.T.-Freaking Yum! Mike liked it too so you know it's pretty good if a guy will say it was good. We also did some grocery shopping (or maybe that was saturday) & our total was nicely low.

Eating/Healthy/Weight Loss- Well, I have a visitor so I skipped Curves this morning & because of my visitor I ate horrible this weekend. Well, we both did. Mike kicked butt last week though & lost 5 lbs! Awesome him! Last night he made a mango onion sauce & a gravy to be used this week. He's really on the eating right thing & I'm surprised. He got dried fruit & almonds to take for snacks too. Wowza, he's kicking butt on this. I wish I were too. I blame it on my visitor though, she's the reason I craved EVERYTHING last week. I am back to the food makes me nauseous crap and my taste buds seem to be off. So food taste nasty & then I feel like I'm going to get sick after I eat. Totally awesome!

Welp, because of Mike's flaggedness (flagged because of failed PT tests) he's being moved off instructing for at least a few months. Someone who moved over there a few months ago is deploying for a few months so Mike is taking his spot. Apparently this is great news for Mike. I guess there is NOTHING to do over there & they do regular PT (instead of Mike having to wake up just to watch all the students do PT) so he'll actually be doing PT &&& he'll be able to go to the gym at lunch too. They may think they're punishing him by moving him but it's actually just what he needs right now. Time to focus on exercising & getting back into shape. BUT! Mike might end up getting a permanent profile. Mike was put on profile because of breathing problems & they saw scar tissue on this X-ray. Next month Mike will get to see a pulmonologist here in town & while at B's Friday night G&B brought up an article in the Army Times. Apparently they've found that multiple deployments can cause a rare lung condition/disease called Constrictive Bronchiolitis.
“I think the whole situation was kind of surprising because this constrictive bronchiolitis is a very uncommon disease in people who are otherwise healthy,” said King, the lead author of the study. “It is common in people who have had lung or bone marrow transplants. It is common in people who have lupus. It is common in people who have autoimmune disease. But it is not at all common in fit, young military personnel or other healthy people.”
How crazy is that?! And how awesome that this article came out now. Mike started going to his doctor because of his breathing problems in May & now we may know why he's having problems. There was no reason for him to be having problems, they couldn't find anything. He's completely healthy except for the breathing problems. I don't know if he does in fact have this or not. He's been over there 3 times so it's very possible but we won't know til they do tests, if this area is even able to diagnose it. So we'll see. He'll probably get mad at me for even putting this out there. You know, getting people worried before there is a reason. I'm not trying to scare people at all & I'm not worked up or worried myself. I'm concerned but I'm calm & patiently waiting for answers. He's healthy & getting healthier, that's all that matters. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment