18 June 2011

You never know!

Welp people, I told you about a fire on Ft. Huachuca & man oh man, did it cause chaos! Main streets were closed, the main gate onto/off post was closed, & houses were evacuated. The fire on post spread so quickly & the flames were so high(part of the reason it spread so fast) that there was an emergency evacuations for homes across from the post. It was crazy & scary as F! It was still away from us but the way it was spreading & the fact they couldn't get it stopped made me freak. I can now say that I am FULLY ready for an evucation. Nothing like a freak fire that's going crazy to make you get your crap together NOW! I mean, right now I have 2 totes in my car, the 2 dog kennels, our file box, 2 dog blankets, & waters. Our suitcase was ready to go, I have a bag with shoes, & all our bathroom stuff ready. Mike called finally to see how I was & what was up and he was annoyed because he had to keep moving computers & BS instead of coming home to get US ready to leave. I told him we were good, we were ready & he said "well, my stuff isn't ready, I haven't been able to pack my clothes". SHOOT! Haha! Our suitcase is 2/3 his stuff. Does he really think I'd pack only my stuff. Here's mike's list of clothes, stuff I KNOW he needs! 1) Tan shirts 2)Army PT shirts 3)PT shorts 4)Workout/Lounge shorts 5)Regular shorts 6)Workout shirts 7)Regular shirts 8)Socks & Undies! I grabbed it ALL. I grabbed all the army awards/unit pictures that would fit in the totes, I grabbed all his award/appreciation coins he's gotten, I grabbed his bronze star & certificate. I was more worried about his stuff then I was my stuff. He can't get his award coins back, he can't get his unit plaques/pictures back! The bronze star stuff was never submitted right so I don't think he could get a replacement! I may not be good in other areas but I will protect his stuff as best I can. Anywho! The Antelope(aka post fire) was crazy & fast but OVER! Thank goodness! We should be safe from the other fire but I am staying ready. Everything in the car will stay in the car. Clothes will stay in the suitcase, bags stay in bathroom ready for quick throw ins. :) I'm not chancing anything. The antelope fire scared the day lights out of me.

Volunteering! So I got my big girl panties on & I went to volunteer. I'm sent to another location & I'm told it's in a 2 story building. Um....ok, can not for the life of me find it. There's a medical supplies/electric type place but that can't be it. I'm told to look for a teal SUV & purple honda. No where to be found. So, it WAS this electric/medical/whatever place and by the time I get there they're good. Rounds done & nothing to do til 12. Ohhh.....K! I'll be back. There was a basset though & I'm going to steal it! It's kinda funky looking but it's a basset & I'm stealing it. :) I'm going back at noon.
They are having a car wash for Monument Fire victims but I have no cash, Mike & I rarely carry cash with us, so I decide I'll go to fast food place & grab a little food & cash. Place A, no ATM (could've swore they did), No cash back, & no lunch yet. ARGH! Ok, Place 2 (BK) I'm pretty sure they have ATM so ok...Nope, same story! ARGH! Home I am! Waiting to go back to the makeshift shelter to walk dogs. :)

Driving around town is saddening. You see all these hotels full, you see the school (evacuation sites) full of cars, you see a bunch of RV's parked in the old walmart parking lot, there are even people just hanging at the park that I think are evacuees too. The town is full!! When I went to volunteer the first thing I was asked was "are you an evacuee?" The vet office I'm helping with/at has 3 sites. There are at least 3-4 other animal places taking animals. I will be walking someone's dog whose house could potentially be ruined, if not already. If they'd let me I'd just love on those dogs all day.

In case anyone is thinking I'm leaving my mans at home (yes I added an s to man) I am not. He's getting to work, moving some BS stuff from place A to place B. Gotta love the army. Half the soldiers yesterday we sent home to pack & be there with family. Not my man! Not his unit! Wait, some of his co-workers did get to leave. Anyways, enough about that. He'll be home eventually & I'll get him all of Sunday. Or at least I hope so. It is the army & they do like to F you.

No comments:

Post a Comment