15 June 2011

Smokey Love

Those 2 really have nothing to do with each other but whats evers yo!

The Monument Fire is growing like crazy. You could say, spreading like wildfire because...it is one. It's (believed to be) man made/set & it is still 0% contained. It's now at 6,500 acres, up from 4,600 this morning. How truly sad. Here's a picture from today, Day 4, of this fire!
Last night we drove down towards the fire so I could get some better shots but it turned out that I got better shots here in town. Also there was a police blockaid in Hereford, 7-10 minutes southwest of us. The fire from my understanding is 30-45 minutes from us. Probably closer to 30 now. There are alot of civilain instructors who live out that way and could potentially lose their homes. Mike told me today that many of those houses don't have fire insurance. I guess it's a too high risk area so you can't get fire insurance! How's that for life kicking ya in the butt! I really hope very few people lose their homes. An article today said around 6 homes have been destroyed by the fire so far. Here it is if you want to read it.

This is why I love my hubby! A close family member is going through a hard time & I wanted to get them a gift/cash card so that they can have something nice. This person mentioned 'True Blood' but they don't have HBO & I guess it's $15 a month for that channel(package probably, can't get anything by itself with directv). That's why I initially wanted to get the cash card, so they could get the channel for a few months. But this person can spend it any way they want. I wrote Mike to ask if it was ok because in all fairness & truth, he's the one making the money. He said yes of course. :) I wanted to get a $50 cash card but Walmart was also asking for supplies for the firefighters. I asked Mike about the amount but said I also was debating who to help. My family member or the firefighter's. This is why I love him, he told me to do both. He willing gave up nearly $100 of his hard earned cash so I could help both parties I wanted too. Now I know $100 isn't THAT much really but it is a good chunk of money. I also know his money is our money & I have no problem buying whatever I want or need when I want or need it. I'm not a big spender so he doesn't have to worry. Buying a gift card or basically just giving someone else money so they can have something nice is a little different. What can I say, my man is good guy. He sees my heart, he understands that sometimes I have to do things like this. He has a big heart too. I think our total donations to charities is at least $300 so far this year. Crazy. (I'm not looking for applause or anything, just thinking & typing at the same time). Anywho, that man of mine is home so Tschuess!

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome of both of you! Your family member is going to be so excited! True Blood can help bring you out of a bad mood for sure! And helping the firefighters is awesome too :D They did the boot thing around here a while back, and I was surprised that Dave rolled down the window and gave them money :)

    ReplyDelete