20 June 2011

Fire Go Away!

It's a nice quiet morning on the mountain, that's refreshing. I know it won't stay that way but at least the winds aren't suppose to be hurricane crazy like yesterday. I seriously don't know how much longer I can take this stupid wildfire. Yesterday was a horrible day for the wildfire & yes weenie mcweener got to leave because his area was possibly mandatory evac. His area was under possible mandatory evac for maybe 30 minutes, now it's pre-evac again. Well, haha, our area became pre-evac but the fire was moving so fast & the they were bumping to pre-evac to mandatory so fast that I freaked. Well, I didn't freak, I just jumped into action & stressed. Did my hub get to come home when we became pre-evac & according to some, mandatory?! Nope, of course not! I swear, such a double standard!!! According to CCSO we are mandatory evac right now. According to the city website we're not even pre-evac. Though....mandatory evacs are in effect 2-3 minutes south of us & 2 minutes east of us. We're in this little "safe" rectangle. So you would think "well just evacuate, go to a hotel". Ya....there are 1,700 evacuees right now. I'd say at least half, if not 2/3 are here in S.V. We are some packed with people that some are camped out at an old car dealerships. It's kinda funny actually, they brought a couch & loveseat in this pinky floral pattern. It's not funny they're evacuated, it's funny they brought their sofas & the crazy pattern on the sofas. :) Evac shelters are filling up, one is full, & animal evac places have been evacuated themselves. A huge (I heard)super nice one got evacuated yesterday. People were pleading to other people to please take in their animals who were at that shelter. It was called 4 Paws & it was a doggy daycare type place (before the fire). How scary to know not only are you evacuated & your pet is at a shelter but now that shelter is getting evacuated itself. Weird Scary times in this part of the state.

The Fire! It got out of control & some beloved restaurants burned. I know this because people posted the same info & pictures 50 times. It's sad for them though, it's a landmark to them & it's gone. The fire became a runaway fire (hence the sudden pre to mandatory status) & it was very scary. There weren't enough resources or people so it took a good while just to get in front of the flames to cut it off. On top of that, some people were refusing to leave, even though the fire was coming towards them. I understand being scared & not wanting to leave your house, your home, & she probably was really old & her whole life was in that home but you have to save yourself!!! Poor lady/man! Also poor firefighters who had to stop fighting to save her/him. I know this because I was listening to the scanner. That's some scary schiesse when the fire is going crazy. The total is now just under 50 homes burned. I think they said 80 addition structures or maybe it's 80 total, including homes. I know a few historic sites/buildings burned. It's so sad.

I read today that John McCain is blaming illegals for the fires. I laughed & thought "oh man, this guy is crazy, he's going to get beat the F out, blaming illegals......". But Oh.....yes! They probably did cause some fires. When he said illegals I thought of the ones living here illegally but he's talking about the dumbfucks still sneaking in. Of course they're going to cause fires. They make fires at night & just leave in the morning. It's too easy for a floating ember to ignite dead brush. Shoot, OUR lawn crunches when you walk on it. It's DRY AS BALLS here & we're in the city. They're sneaking through the mountains not caring about anything but getting to the safety house. What do they care if they start a fire? So, while it's a crazy bold statement, it's probably not far from the truth, if not The Truth! Not saying all fires but probably at least 1 or 2 of them. BTW, the fire total for southern AZ so far is 4-5. It was said last night on the fire facebook page that there was a new fire outside of tucson, not sure if it's true or if it'll become a big one(if true). Out of those 5 fires, ONE is contained. One! That means, southern AZ now has 3-4 fires burning at once! CR-A-ZY!

Now onto the real reason for this blog. Mike & I! Man oh man, times are tough right now. Mike is working his ass off so he's tired & sore. (annoyed, irritable, bitchy, stressed). I'm stressed because fires keep getting out of control & I'm watching the facebook, websites, news, & listening to scanners to see if we're in any "be ready/move" areas. Then we get a pre-evac notice & I have to pack our car. I have to concentrate on stuff that is really important that wouldn't be a good idea to leave. I mean, in honesty, the fire just yesterday reached the streets that were evacuated wed/thurs. The fire is still 5-6 minutes south of us. But I'm not thinking "oh, it's a smoke evacuation, our home will probably be safe", I'm thinking "ok, evacuation....what can we NOT lose in a fire. What is irreplaceable?". Running around our house, packing & planning & trying to do everything while trying to keep on the information is stressful & exhausting. My body is sore too. Not as sore as Mike's, not even close to his soreness, but I have mental exhaustion. Anyways, you get sore, tired, irritable hubby plus tired wife & you get a bounce back effect. He's irritable & bitchy which pisses me off which pisses him off more & on & on. The fire looked amazing last night, the whole mountain was a-glow with flames/hot spots and I was telling Mike but he decided it was snappybutt time. I swear, his mood swings were worse than a girl PMSing! Surprisingly we only "fought" once & it was more of me ignoring him & him being pissed about it. Hahaha! It's quite comical.

Well, I guess that's all. It should be a business as usual day. I think we both need a "business as usual" day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment