19 June 2011

Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to the bestest doggy dad around! Any haters who want to think it's not the same because our children aren't human can keep their traps shut & stop reading. My husband gives more love to our dogs then some dads do to their human children. Mike is a dad, just not the "normal" definition of "father". So, Happiest Of Father's Day to my husband!

It will not be a happy father's day for Mike though. He's working once again. Supposedly the whole post is working to clear brush & create a fire break. I don't believe this but what do I know. Mike & all his fellow hard working soldiers don't get any kind of weekend. No time to relax or recover which is a bunch of bullshit! I think they should at least get a 3 day next weekend. They'll probably be working all weekend next weekend too though. I do hope they at least get some kind of kickback extra days off sometime in the near future. It is the army though & they don't believe in treating soldiers fairly. I know the army gives us our lively hood & it's Mike's job but the truth is the truth. The Army treats their soldiers badly. If you don't pop out kids like jack rabbits then you're treated even worse. It sucks but we've experienced it so we know it's the truth. So anyways, BOO for Mike not having any days off!

The fire didn't move much yesterday which was awesome but today is scheduled for horrible winds. The pre-evac line has moved up to Buffalo Soldier Trail, which is only 6 minutes from us. That's scary. It also means douche-bag mcwhiney will probably get off of working today because his family is in the pre-evac area. He's the one who left because he lives off the main street that got evacuated, except he leaves farther down & out of the range of what was told to leave. Pre-evac is scary, I admit, but the fire really is quite far from even the mandatory line & if I can have my car packed in an hour so could his wife. I think the pre-evac area is more for the smoke. I know the area that has been evacuated since thursday was for smoke. The fire still hasn't reached the area that was made to leave a few days ago. Anyways, my point was the PRE-evac line moved up & mr. weenie will probably get out of work which isn't fair. I am still basically ready but still quite far from any evac line & even farther from any real fire. And yes, I'm bitter that some jackaloon (who does whine about alot & is quite weird) will probably get a free pass when I know my hub would never get a free pass. Shoot, I'm sure we could be mandatory evac-ed & he'd still have to work. ARGH! Yes, bitter, annoyed, & angry! So sue me!

No comments:

Post a Comment