16 June 2011

Freaking Out!

I am freaked the fuck out. Sorry for the cursing but seriously! It's day 6 of this fire & it's now burned 9,300 acres. Mandatory evacuations are up to Ramsey Road! That's NORTH of Hereford Road which we were basically at 2 days ago. Here's a mapquest map! Snyder is at the top of this map, we are barely above Snyder. The evacuations are are only about 8 minutes from us. Are you kidding me?! I want to start packing up totes now. I want to start packing my car up. My mind is racing through all the stuff we have that I don't want to lose. I hope the fire won't get this far north but shoot, they jumped the evacuations up to Ramsey Road today, Day 6 of the fire. It's only 17% contained. There is SO much stuff that we can't/I don't want to lose. I joked about having to pack up our cars but it may very well happen. I want to pack now because I know if we get a evacuate notice we'll have 30 minutes to get OUT! Not saying the fire will be that close but they may make us leave. We'd have to pack up all of Mike's army stuff cause that crap is EXPENSIVE! It probably won't all fit in my car. All our photos, Mike's fancy books, clothes, ????  I'd pack our grandfather clock if I could. That thing was mucho money! I think I need to really start going through boxes & finding all the things (photos) that we can't lose. Mike will call me paranoid but oh well. I'm seriously freaking out! Ramsey Road! That's not that far from us. There's TONS of dry gas/weeds/everything between us & them. We're up hill too. It's been windy as balls today & what if it is tomorrow too. I'm not saying for sure we'll be evacuated but I'm seriously not counting it out. I am REALLY scared! Where is my hubby to calm me down when I need him?! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment