31 August 2011

End Of August!

Today is the last day of August & that's kinda sad. 8 months already over of 2011. It is a happy day though!! VERY HAPPY! The last 12 hours has been filled with wonderful news! First, Mike found out that we CAN take christmas leave! Sooo awesome, I'm so glad. (Though was kinda liking the idea of going for Thanksgiving maybe). Second, Mike DOES NOT have to pass the PT test to get leave! He was told it's a right, not a privilege! AWESOME! Then!!! I saw that I made my goal(weight) for August! Also, we're 12 days away from 13 years together!!! So, today rocks! :)

This week is going by very slow. Very Very slow! I've also been attacked almost non-stop all week by the hunger & craving monster. They suck! Staying good though (so far). :) Last week(Sat) I had only lost 1 lb & I was kinda bummed. I mean it's good since on Wednesday I was still the same weight from the Sat before but I was hoping to see a better loss. My eating is completely changed & I had started back at Curves. I was hoping for 2-3lbs. But alas, no. So, this week I started walking. I walked the dogs once around our block after getting home from Curves on Monday. Then last night, Mike & I walked the dogs twice around our block. I actually made it twice! It's not that long really (around 18 houses) but the beginning of this year I was hurting by house 2-3. I was in quite a bit of pain by house 6-8 & wanting to turn back. If I did a whole lap I was in major pain & crying. Crying from pain & frustration at myself. I made it twice last night! My feet hurt but I made it with no problem. I slept like crap last night & I had no energy for Curves today but I still got that done also. I'm proud of myself.

Mike's health is on track I guess. He saw the pulmanologist last Thursday & through the next month he'll be doing tests & a sleep study to see what they can figure out. Mike doesn't have high hopes for getting a permanent profile but we are hoping we find out about the scarring on his lungs. The end of Sept we will hopefully bring some answers! :)

Well, that's about it. I need to start getting ready for my doctor's appt. Tschuess!

No comments:

Post a Comment