31 March 2012

Home Sweet Home

I can not tell you how stressful our trip was at first. It seemed nothing was meant to go right for the trip. By trip I mean the driving part. Mike came home at 5:30 with his signed papers & decided we should leave that night. An hour later (because I prepacked everything but Mike's clothes) we were on the road. Only to hit an accident 10 minutes from the house that delayed us 30 mins, then Cinnamon got car sick. We get to where we plan to stop only to be told "sorry, spring training.....no hotels here or anywhere close". Mind you, it's 10:30 at night. So, on to Blythe, 90 mins away. We spotted at a few hotels along the way only to be told the same crap. The 4th hotel in Blythe & 7th total we tried FINALLY had a room & one away from everyone else. It was 12:30 at night, we were exhausted! The beds sucked & it was on the second floor. It had the open stairs which Hersh is deathly afraid of so he had to be carried up the steps. 40+ lb Hersh! We went to sleep at 1am & at 4:45 I woke up with the world's worst tension headache. I got ready, took the dogs out (carrying my 75 lb dog down & up the stairs), feed them, & we (dogs & I) were fully packed by 6 am. Mike refused to get up before 6:30 & we were both bitchy, majorly bitchy! Mike had forgot his barret so we had to detour to Ft. Irwin! It was a LONG LONG LONG day of driving, of course with another Cinn car sickness. My headache never went away & would come rushing back with a venegence anytime I used the restroom. Something about sitting down on a toilet made the blood rush to my head. I felt like I was going to die. Sounds, smells, anything would make it so much worse. Ugh! I only drove for about 2 hours, of course with my headache splitting nicely. Mike was really awesome though because we were in the car for about 17 hrs total & I only had to drive 2 hours. Anywho, 30 mins from home I sneezed and I thought I might pass out. I started crying, I couldn't help it. I focused on my breathing & trying to not full out cry (just tears). It was from the pain of the headache but also frustration. It had been over 12 hours of a horrible tension headache and I wanted it to go away!!! When Mike noticed my tears he threatened to take me to the ER but I told him I just wanted to get to the house & relax. I wanted to have peace & quiet and be out of that God-forsaken car!!! So yes, HORRIBLE HORRIBLE drive to CA!

Funeral was Friday & it was way more emotional than I thought. Mike looked amazing in his class A's, even though he thought he looked like a stuffed sausage. After the funeral vacation started. We did get to see Mike's aunt & uncle and so awesome-Mim & Pop! Mim rubbed my fat roll but it was nice to have a reason for a rub. :) Anywho, back to vacation. Mike's dad BBQed burgers & we all relaxed. The rest of the vacation was mostly great. Pregnancy & Baby talk, actually being one of those preggos which still to this day seems surreal. Seeing all the stuff our families have bought for our bundle. Showing off all the ultrasounds. Baby shopping, MATERNITY shopping-buying my first actual maternity clothes, not just a size bigger to fit my will be huge belly. At Motherhood, yeah the official maternity store....big time, I put in the "7 month" bump & it was unbelievably surreal. That I will one day be THAT huge. I'm glad Motherhood goes up to 3x because actually maternity clothes shopping is really something every women should get to do. Online or just bigger size shopping isn't the same. ANYWHO!!!! I had a great time shopping & I felt a closeness with Mike. I also got pampered with my sister. Pedicures!!! That was really nice too.

Driving home was so much better than going there. It was easy & breezy!  Mike again drove most of the way. I know he didn't appreciate it but I did. We got home about 2 & I immediately unpacked myself. I was ready to be settled back in home!

As for Baby! We are 21 weeks today. I felt the baby so much over the last 10ish days. Active Active Baby! My next appt is Tuesday & I am so anxious to get the anatomy scan! I want to know what the heck we're having! And, that's all. I want to know what we're having & SEE the baby again. :) So ready!

Well, have a great day. Tschuess!

No comments:

Post a Comment