21 March 2012

Stress

Life likes to kick you when you're down. I wouldn't say we're down but life sure is kicking us quite a bit it seems. That's life though right.

First off, Mike's grandmother passed away on Friday. It was a month long roller coaster with her health & finally she was relieved of her pain & suffering. I wish she could've gotten better because she was one of the sweetest women I knew. I'm glad her suffering is over but it is very weird that she's no longer here on earth. The funeral is Friday which means we have to leave early Thursday, seems simple right?! No way. Mike is in class & he's been trying to get it OKed to miss the last 2 days while still passing. Monday was "I'll ask". Yesterday was "it's OK with us if it'll be OK with them" & of course everyone had gone home by then. So, here we are, the last day before our maybe trip & we still don't know if it's a Go or a No. Mike thinks it'll be easy as pie. Just fill out the paperwork & blamo but he's failing to think about how he'll be in class ALL day & everyone will most likely be gone by the time he's out of class like they were yesterday. He called his NCOIC(I think) at 5:30 yesterday & of course the jerk never answered or called back. I know Mike is probably stressed but he's playing it like he's not & this is all no big deal. It would be no big deal if I didn't have to take care of most of the packing. I've been waiting to see if I would need to pack mine & the dogs stuff but I guess today I'll pack in case. I won't know IF we're going until 5-6 pm tonight & we have to leave by 6am to get home by 10pm. That's not including work traffic or delays since it's Thursday. IF we go, we're not sure how long we'll stay but probably around early-mid week. So, that's the MAJOR stressor in my life which basically means I've had a headache off & on for a few days. That's life right! :)

Other Stresses but not major!
My phone died basically for no apparent reason. I didn't drop it, I didn't get it wet, nothing out of the ordinary happened. The screen just went out & I may not be able to get calls. I can still touch the screen & it responds but I can't see anything on the screen. I think I silenced it or turned on airplane mode a few times. I tried getting it off airplane/silent mode & calling it from my temporary/old track phone we have but what I didn't know until last night was It's Not Functional! It's not registered & the minutes are expired. Man, I would've been in deep schiesse if something happened while I was out yesterday! Oh well, I guess I MAY be able to get calls on my black screen phone & that's good enough for now. I'll look into a new phone when I can. :)
Stress #2: Vets! Yesterday I had to take Hersh for his shots. No big deal, it was only $45. Still seems high for 2 shots but it's close to the house & it was a quick visit. Not quick or cheap was Cinnie's vet trip. She had an ear infection, a very bad infection! Apparently the nurses & the doctor are chickens without heads at 3pm, it was majorly frustrating. The doctor comes in, checks her out, & tells me he'll have someone add up the cost for my approval. It's an ear infection, not a surgery! Still nice that they'd let me know the damage before they did the treatment. $250. I figured between 200-300 anyways so while it sucks it wasn't a total shock. 2 shots, 2 twice a day ear cleaner/cream, & 2 pills! One pills is twice a day for 10 days, then once a day for 10 days & one pill is 3 times a day for 10 days. Whooo! I'm suppose to go back in 2 weeks but hopefully her ear will be good by then.
Stress #3 & the least stressful. My OB appt! I'm paranoid, very paranoid! I haven't felt the baby in over a week & that worries me. I've had growing pains, I've had boob/nipple pains, I've had slight nausea. These still don't convince me everything is ok. I need to feel the baby move. Now I kick myself for not getting a doppler! My appt is Tuesday! My appt will need to be moved if we go to Ca which is fine, I just really really hope they can get me in early that next week. I have to go to that appt to get scheduled my anatomy scan & I really want to know what we're having. Mainly, I need to go to my appt to start the other doctor visit to test my adrenal gland & get paperwork for more bloodwork/tests. Adrenal problems I'm told are very bad for pregnancy. So, I'm stressed that everything has to be postponed at least a week.

Mainly I've been stressed being in limbo. Do I need to pack, do I need to reschedule, do I need to prepay our rent before our trip (which I will do today). ARE WE GOING TO CALI!!! Ugh, stress! Which is horrible for pregnancy! :) I'm stressed about the financial aspect too. Replacing my phone, the vet visits, OUR TRIP! Gas is horribly expensive right now, add dietary supplement (food), & any outing that may happen while home. Goodness Gracious!

I am trying hard to not stress but it's my nature. I have to stress because Mike doesn't & A LOT has to happen for this trip. BUT! I will pack for myself & the dogs today in case. I will have all clothes washed for hopefully an easy pack for Mike. I will go drop off a check for the rent & I will stash my appt card in my purse so I can call if needed. I will be ready to throw snacks in a bag for easy travels tomorrow & to throw away all foods that will go bad in the fridge. I will have all dishes washed & the house looking tidy. The house has to be clean before we leave, it's a weird pet peeve! I will think of all the small items & details that we'll need on our trip. I tell you, if we don't end up getting to go it's going to suck unpacking everything. Haha! Oh well, at least I'll be ready! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment