23 July 2012

Induced....

Today is a big day! Today I find out whether I'm being induced or if I'm staying on bedrest for a little while longer. Could be til tomorrow, could be for another week or two. I honestly could see it going either way. I don't know how serious my protein numbers are. I know what they are, the actual number, & I know it's considered high, but I don't know if it's induce today high or bedrest is ok high. I slept surprisingly well which may bite me in the ass. Just because if I slept a little crappy then I'd probably zonk again before I have to call & he can't get mad at me for calling later if I'm sleeping. Sleep is great for high bp! :)

Induced today?! Am I really ready to meet our daughter? Not that it matters if I am if the doctor wants her out. I'm hoping because she's still doing so well, because the preeclampsia isn't affecting her at all it seems, that I can stay on bedrest. I will try to take it easy but pst! I have a baby to finish getting ready for! :) Mike is really scared of being induced today or soon. He kept saying it seems too early for her to come, it's only 5 days short of a month early. *Big Breath* I don't know, I honestly don't know what Dr. Silva is going to do or if he even works today. I'm semi hoping he's not there so he can't make the call today. But Stephens would be & they'd most likely let her decide. My life, today, is in my OB's hands. Even if I make it past today without induction it could be tomorrow. I hope they let me wait it out til at least tomorrow since I have an appt. I know if I do make it past today chances are I might not tomorrow. My levels were above the all mighty 300 but the on-call OB did let me go home so it's not super duper induced that day high.

My feelings on it. It is so early! They have me at 36.5 weeks which while is considered 'pre-term', it's only a few days short of 'term'. I know staying in there would be beneficial to her if the pre-eclampsia isn't bad, which I think it is still in the beginning stage...hopefully. Either way, induced or not, I will be happy & disappointed! Not induced- happy we're still ok to keep cooking but a little sad it's not time to meet her. Induced- so scared, she's preterm still, but excited to be on our way to meeting her. I don't want to be induced but part of me does. Ok, I am psycho, I will not be happy either way. I will not be happy if they don't induce me because I am & have been worried sick about being induced. The charge nurse insisted she thinks I'll be sent right back on Monday so in my head I should be being induced today. Also in my head I think "oh, he won't induce. All my labs beside the urine were great!". Only the protein & slight high BP are my problems. I will not be happy if I'm induced because that means right back to the hospital, boo! It also means my numbers are high enough to be dangerous to our daughter & that's really not cool. It's scary as hell! I am SO ready to have her in my arms but I'm also so Not ready yet!

It is a huge week basically. Because like I said, even if I make it past today, if they don't induce me today, he very well could induce me tomorrow! I don't want 8-9am to come because I'm not ready to know but oh my gosh, get here so I can know already! If I'm not induced today then I get to experience all of this anxiety tomorrow!!! Yay!

Update: No induction today (Monday, July 23rd) but I have a feeling I might be tomorrow. I may be able to stay on bedrest if my BP is normal enough but we'll see. At least I'll know by 9:30-10am either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment