13 June 2012

Why is this so freaking hard!!!

I am so tired of trying to name our daughter! So tired! I'm tired of hearing about what everyone thinks of the names we're thinking about. I like this name, I think that one, no you can't name her that. Everyone is going to have their opinions & that's fine. It really doesn't bother me hearing what everyone likes or doesn't like. My problem is I can't decide what I like. No, I take that back, I KNOW what I like but Mike doesn't. Mike thinks we're close but we did kinda have a "it's coming together" moment a few nights ago. We were watching TV and one of the names I like came on the screen. Mike asked if that's how I would spell it. Yup! What would her nickname be. *name* Of course he likes it, I knew he would. It's the nickname he dreamed about in December before we knew we were expecting. I ran with it, ok, these are 2 other names that would also use that nickname. He likes both. There are 2-3 names popping around & I was SO excited that we finally had it narrowed down. 2 names but one has 2 ending options (ra or ria). I have tried so hard to accept one of these names. I LOVE one name but it seems to big & fancy for our sweet little girl. I like the other but it seems a little plain & I know someone who has a daughter with that name. Why can't Mike just like the name that originally started that night's conversation?! Then we'd both be extremely happy. He'd get his nickname & I'd get the name I like. But is that name too cute & sweet? Both of the name Mike thinks we're considering would be great adult names. Great for when she's going out into the world & making a great success for herself. Yes, I have high hopes for her. But I can't picture our sweet girl with such a strong powerful name when she's so tiny.

There is another name that we're suppose to use if baby girl is born on someone's birthday. We made this person a promise, if we liked the name she could name her. It's a great name & EVERYONE loves it. Everyone seriously loves this name. I haven't had one negative comment on it......except for one person on Mike's side. It's the name of an ex-wife of someone. Everyone tells me & even Mike says it, "so what! what does that have to do with your/our daughter?". It has nothing to do with our daughter really & it shouldn't matter what we name her. It would be HER name. Yes, it's an ex-wife's name but it's also a friend's name that is partially to thank for our miracle even coming. She was a little birdy in my ear telling me "hey hey, maybe.....". I mean, Mike & I did the work so most of the credit goes to us. :) & God! We wouldn't be using the name to honor the birdy or to spite a family member opposed to the name. We'd be doing it because Mike & I both like the name & it's the name birthday person picked. I know we can't use it though because it would seem like we're doing it out of spite. That even though we know it may make some people uncomfortable we used it anyways. It's really not fair, it shouldn't be an issue because this is OUR daughter! Our Miracle! The good thing is this is only a problem we'll face if baby girl decides to share her birthday with someone. This single day out of the whole month. Then again, she may come out & the name will seem perfect for her. Then we're screwed! :)

So, hopefully baby girl's nick name will start kicking in because I've still yet to use it when talking to her. I like the nickname & I love that Mike had a dream about having a daughter with that name. It's very sweet. I just wish I could love a full name to go with it. :| It's very frustrating not having a name for her when she's due in 2 months.

The End!

No comments:

Post a Comment