26 June 2012

Eventful Week

This week is going to be eventful kinda. Mike volunteered the both of us to work at a softball tournment this week. Mike volunteered me because he gets my hours too towards his total. We showed up yesterday & she(volunteer head) wouldn't let me do anything because I'm pregnant. I'm pregnant, not crippled! Oh well I guess, I get to sit there watching the game while supposedly "earning" hours towards Mike's total. Good for him! I guess we'll work Wednesday & Friday again. Then I believe the 7-12th we'll work probably every day through 2 games so it'll add 4 hrs per person per day.

Today I had my first L&D admittance. Technically it's Maternal & Child at our hospital. My BP was very high at my OB appt so they sent me to the hospital. I was scared to death & Mike didn't take his phone today so I was alone. That was the worst part, just not having him there for support and knowing if something was wrong I'd have no way of getting ahold of him. My BP there was nearly perfect & baby was completely fine. She was actually quite feisty today & kicked the doppler machine both at the OB & at the hospital. Her heart beat stayed mostly around 147-154 while we were there. I have no gestational diabetes, I have no signs of preeclampsia, there were no proteins in my urine, & baby is not stressed in any way. I was & am completely fine. It was a long long 2.5 hrs though I will tell you. The last hour was just waiting on results which is frustrating when all you want to do is go home! I did LOVE getting to listen to baby girl's heartbeat non-stop for at least an hour. It's such an amazing sound!!!
Because of the high bp(at the ob) I've been taken off Curves which sucks! I will miss my ladies! I was hoping & expecting to continue past 36 weeks but I'm only 33 now. :( Oh well I guess. If my bp continues to be high I may be put on partial bedrest. I don't do much during the day anyways so that's not really an issue. We'll see I guess. Good to know though that I don't have to worry about g.d. & I have no signs currently for preeclampsia. :) Baby Girl & I are healthy!

The dogs are good also. Our spoiled brats! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment