13 May 2012

Mother's Day

My first real Mother's Day! I've celebrate with our dogs but this year, I get to celebrate because of a little miracle growing inside of me. A little 2+ lb miracle daughter! I do not know if Mike has any surprises for me but I HOPE so! I know we're suppose to have cinnamon rolls for breakfast & I picked raviolis for dinner. We aren't daring to go out tonight because every single place will be packed all day long! We're having a big outing tomorrow. Well, movie & food in Tucson. The Avengers! :)

The last 2 days have been amazing. Mike took a 4 day so he's been around to annoy me since Thursday night. But we've actually had a great time so far. We went to the movies on friday, then lunch, then grocery shopping, then chilling. :) Yesterday was by far the best day ever. Mike was in a cleaning mood, thank goodness, & did lots. Made our bed, picked up a few things in the livingroom, cleaned his part of the spare closet (baby girl's closet now), put away all his folded clothes, cleaning the computer room, did dishes, & cooked dinner. I'm so glad he cleaned the computer room because my family will be here in just over 2 weeks & I needed this room clean. Then we (he) put together the crib & the baby's dresser! AAAAHHHHH, It makes it more real! I love the crib & dresser! Mike worked hard getting them together! I did help. The crib is in the spare/baby's room and the PnP(pack n play) & her dresser are in our room! She's officially taking over our house. Just wait until all the presents from the shower show up! Crazy! Best part of yesterday though was our baby girl decided gymnastics was on the agenda. After some ice cream she became a tumbling star. Normally I just feel kicks but I felt her MOVING. Moving all around in there. I called Mike over & of course impatient male with his "I don't feel anything" after 5 seconds. I made him wait, told him she was moving like crazy, & 30 seconds later JUDO KICK! He looked at me because he thought I did it. That I flinched my muscles or something. Oh no, that was ALL baby. It stunned even me, she's never kicked so hard before. She kicked again about a minute later & Mike was done with being patient. She continued to be active the rest of the night. From 8 until midnight, kicking a few times at least every 45 or so minutes. She even kicked at 2 am when I used the bathroom & immediately after waking up at 6 am. She's continued to kick here & there since then, it's 7:30. She is an ACTIVE one these last 12 hrs! About time, she's been super chill for the last 10 days.

So, it's been an amazing few days. I really love feeling her move & kick. Best Mother's Day present I could ask for. :) Also, my awesome husband! Cleaning & getting baby stuff up & ready! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment